SubjectRe: APC, Your company is making a mistake!
On Thu, 15 Oct 1998, Edward S. Marshall wrote:

>> > The author can change the license the code is distributed under.
>>
>> Actually, the copyright holder, who may or may not be the
>> author, has the right to distribute the work in whatever manner
>> they please.
>
>Mind you, if -anyone- has a copy of the source that the author provided,
>work may continue on it as necessary. The author, by placing the software
>under the GPL, has explicitly given that right to the user.
>
>So, the question is: does anyone have a copy of it around somewhere? :-)

And a very good question indeed, which for now would suit my
personal purposes. If anyone does have such source, due to the
licensing of the package, sharing it would not violate the
licence at all.

Could someone send me a copy of the source if they have it
please? Or alternatively could you privately email me where I
can retrieve it? This is for my own personal usage, and no
other, so don't worry about the source being put up for general
download. I don't want APC coming at me either...

Thanks in advance.
TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris - Computer Consultant - Linux advocate

Linux software galore: http://freshmeat.net