    SubjectRe: SMP=1 and Cyrix 6x86
    On Wed, Oct 14, 1998 at 04:00:58PM +1000, Warwick Mitchell wrote:
    > I seem to remember Linus saying that it is SMP by default only for his
    > own convenience and that it would be commented out for 2.2

    Maybe there should be (|x|menu)config menu item "SMP symmetric
    multiprocessor support" - if that's not possible, I suggest to create
    one in spite of that which actually only checks the correct SMP state
    in the Makefile and if it's incorrect, it issues an appropriate error
    message and aborts the make process.

    The former way would look more "professional" however, though the
    latter would at least help upgraders find the correct switches so they
    do not need to flood mailing lists and newsgroups with the same
    question over and over again.

    --
    Matthias Andree