SubjectRe: Kernel Config documentation

great. someone is picking this up. good job. lemme try to answer your
questions afaik.

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Mark Levitt wrote:

> 1) Is there a list of people working on documenting those options. I'd
> rather not duplicate work, etc.

not that I know of but there should be names listed somewhere in the file
if they are.

> 2) The text for the help seems to come straight from
> ./Documentation/Configure.help. What are the formatting rules for this file?
> What delineates one topic from the next and what marks a section as
> belonging to the option? (Does the CONFIG_ define match the text in the help
> file?)

yes. that file is read at runtime.

> 3) Are there any tools to make this process easier? Is the text read at
> run-time, or do I need to force a recompile of, say, the lxdialog code?

see above. use vi not emacs.

> 4) Alan, is it worth doing anything for the 2.0.x kernel at this point?

alan's call.

> 5) What else do I need to know?

read the source :). thanks for working on this. I'm sure it's going to be
real helpful for the masses.

--Jauder

PS. we're testing out the linux citrix client here. we'll see how well
this stuff works :)