Subjectcdrom & ide-cd maintainence
Hi Andre,

I have just returned from a 3 week business trip, so if anyone was
trying to get their cdrom problems fixed, I am sorry for my lack of
responsiveness.

I am increasingly finding that with the demands of both work and my
family, I am not able to maintain the cdrom subsystem as well as the
job requires. I currently maintain ide-cd.c, and the uniform cdrom
driver (cdrom.c). Unoffically, I have been trying to maintain sbpcd,
cdu31a, mcd, and mcdx. In general, the whole thing is in pretty good
shape, except for a few bugs here and there. The problem is that I
simply do not have the time (and to be fully honest, the interest)
to maintain all this stuff anymore. I am porting nethack to Gnome in
my (now minimal) spare time, which is currently much more satisfying
(http://www.inconnect.com/~andersen/erik/gnomehack/gnomehack.html for
the interested).

The cdrom subsystem is now up for grabs. Those interested in taking over
maintainence of either ide-cd or cdrom.c, please contact me so I can
arrange a smooth transition. For those wishing to take over maintaining
the older proprietary cdrom drivers, i.e. sbpcd, cdu31a, mcd/mcdx,
please contact me as well. I have a cdrom drive for each of these I
have used for testing. I would be happy to mail my drive to you, for
your commitment to maintain one of these drivers. The other proprietary
cdrom drivers, are rarely (if ever) used these days, and do not need
maintainence. Thanks for your assistance,

-Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen Web: http://www.inconnect.com/~andersen/
email: andersee@debian.org