SubjectRe: Linux vs Microsoft
On Wed, 14 Oct 1998, Chris Wedgwood wrote:

> > [Shipping a PC with a certain OS makes people stick to the OS,
> > regardless how buggy it is]
>
> Then again... they might just get sick and tired of having to use a
> slow buggy OS.
>
> Plenty of people do... I would hazard a guess that most of the 8
> million or so Linux users originally used Windows<something> before
> they switched.

Sure, but since the Linux installation and maintaining is not that easy,
those 8 million Linux users are surely more familiar with the working and
how to maintain a PC than the usual PC (l)user. Face it, most users may
have heard about Linux but still swear and stick to the constantly
crashing windows just because they don't know how to install it and where
to get software for Linux.

Carsten

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.180 / U:0.340 seconds]