Subjectcompiling for non-VGA
1st of all, sorry if this has already been answered, I tried to search
the archives for "hercules", came up with nothing, and just left it at

I've been trying to compile a 2.1.12x (x=0|3) kernel on a 386 with a
hercules monochrome card, but the thing crashes when it gets to compile
videosomething.c (I'll include full description if the problem isn't as
obvious as I think it probably is---I didn't copy them when it happened
and it takes to long, over 2 hours). I end up having to include what I
understand to be code for VGA support, the problem only arises when I
remove the VGA console thing, and adding a 1-bit framebuffer device
doesn't change a thing (should it?)

Again, I know this isn't top priority but I could use the 386 monster if
it worked...

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.030 / U:1.996 seconds]