SubjectRe: WIPO treaty
In message <>, Jim Freeman
| > *This* is why free software/open source is just a small piece of the entire
| > intellectual property picture. The companies behind the
| > WIPO-plus-the-kitchen-sink bill are the enemies of free software. They must
| > be fought at every opportunity.
| My favorite kinds of loopholes/weapons against efforts to
| enslave "IP" are the kind emodied by Linux, the GPL, and

Great idea, but you forgot about software patents....
I think they understand more than you think, and that the stuff piggybacked
onto WIPO are another step toward cutting us off at other levels. Also note
the lawsuit over Corel's MP3 player as another example.

brandon s. allbery [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]
system administrator [WAY too many hats]
electrical and computer engineering KF8NH
carnegie mellon university

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.048 / U:6.632 seconds]