SubjectRe: Cosmetic Changes: ensuring decency of the Linux Kernel Source.
On Tue, Oct 13, 1998 at 01:08:19PM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:

> Could anyone enlighten me as to what's wrong with the f-word
> anyway?

The word is fuck.

As is, "Fuck, I think I'll have another beer" or about a billion
other uses. Fuck is the true universal word, more universal than
'thingie(s)' even.

> I've always been confused as to why it's not liked. Seems like
> unfair discrimination to me.

It depends very much on the religious persuasion of the society you
live in.

Whilst I'm not bother the word does exist, maybe we should make sure
it does exist in the kernel binary, only source code comments.

I think altering other peoples comments `kills' the feeling in the
code somewhat, whereas printk, etc. could potentially harm linux
advocacy... (especially since people I know are trying to get this
into schools with under 10 years old pupils....)

-cw

Cun.... nah.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:2.934 / U:0.008 seconds]