    SubjectRe: 2.1.125 Show stopper list: Serial driver hangin' in close()
    On Mon, Oct 12, 1998 at 10:31:05PM +0000, Eugene Crosser wrote:

    > Two more things not working properly:

    > - Serial driver hanging on close()
    > Under some rare conditions (probably if the modem hangs up with
    > CTS line down) close() never returns.

    Yes, this happens to me quite a lot, too. I thought it might be a problem
    withmy modem setup, but now I see that it probably isn't. I have to kill
    and restart pppd each time this happens.

    Also, I don't recall exactly, but on the XFree86 developer mailing list
    I've read some bug reports recently, that with some Logitech mice on
    serial port the X server fails to start, because it's switching the
    DTE rates of the serial port too many times, and it is quite likely
    that the ioclt will hang and never return from the kernel (untill a kill).

    I wonder if these two are related.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.020 / U:4.896 seconds]