SubjectRE: Linux-2.1.125 ... pre-2.2 imminent

On Sun, 11 Oct 1998, Jordan Mendelson wrote:

> I have found that the v1.03 driver on cesdis dated August 20th works
> flawlessly under my SMP box w/ multicast enabled under 2.1.123. Of course,
> I'm not doing heavy amount of multicasting, but gated does refresh OSPF
> routes every so often. I do however keep getting these damn socket destroy
> delayed messages every time a socket is closed.

I tested 1.02 about a month ago (it actually made it into 2.1.112 only to
be immediately reverted in 2.1.113 due to the problems).

That version essentially crashed my machine under heavy load. Admittedly
the load I put on it was heavier than most people normally see, but the
thing is that the current eepro100 has been rock solid for me (and others)
under _any_ amount of load.

If there are people out there that know that 1.03 fixes real problems from
1.02, I'd be happy to test it out. Donald hasn't been sending me patches,
but if somebody else sends me the diff I can try it. However, if it's a
question of multicast working at all versus a question of non-multicast
being stable, then basic stability wins every time.

Linus

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.098 / U:0.112 seconds]