    SubjectRe: network nicety
    On Fri, 9 Oct 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

    > Its called CBQ and Linux 2.1.x supports it. Don't expect ISP end user
    > ports to support it in the next 5 years however, $10/month customers arent
    > worth the CPU cost of such things
    >
    > Alan

    Alan, I've got a box down at my ISP. I really really want to use CBQ on my
    incoming traffic (because I share a 64k ISDN with my Girlfriend and if she
    touches a w3 site my SSH is unbearable).

    Would it work if I got another IP address at the ISP and made the linux
    box there answer that address (proxy arp I guess) and set a static route
    to send those packets to my static dialup address (or a IPIP tunnel)..

    Could I perform CBQ on the incoming connection?

    another question..

    What is Linux's current briding performance like? If I wanted to assemble
    a poorman's switch what cards should I use? Should I use tulips and route
    insted of switch (and use fast routing). Will bridiging to card-card on
    the right cards?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.018 / U:2.020 seconds]