SubjectRe: Linus stress-control vs. development
On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Etienne Lorrain wrote:

> Maybe Linux is becomming too big, and will continue to
> grow, because it is more a collection of driver than a
> strictly minimum kernel.

I expect, though I'm of course not at all sure about
this, that Linus would like to review anything that runs in
'kernel' space and is part of the 'official' Linux kernel.
Perhaps we could just make the 'official' Linux
kernel very small, but adding on drivers and such I expect
would be a challenge and perhaps could end up somewhat like
the multi-tree system for different arch's that people are
complaining about already.

Stephen

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.049 / U:0.368 seconds]