    SubjectRe: 2.1.123 and fbcon.c
    On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Albert D. Cahalan wrote:

    > Linus deserves a customized mail client. Someone in the local area
    > ought to consider hacking the software Linus already uses. The SVLUG
    > would be perfect for it, with plenty of people that could discuss
    > the issue face-to-face. For example, function keys could be useful:
    > F1 applied
    > F2 corrupt
    > F3 obsolete
    > F4 wait for 2.3.xx
    > F5 send to person listed in MAINTAINERS file
    > F6 remove me from the Cc: list
    > F7 maybe later, no time right now
    > Many functions could send a short response (prompt Linus for one line?)
    > and perform a mailbox action at the same time. Linus can save a few
    > keystrokes if he can respond to the sender and store or forward at the
    > same time.

    I agree, Linus uses Pine, and if someone could modify Pine to
    say, when the 'F7' key is hit to auto-reply to a message w/ 'Too busy'
    where the reply would then go to JitterBug and the developer, JitterBug
    would update the status of the patch, and the developer would get a
    response directly from Linus sooner. The 'F7' could also move the patch
    to a specific folder for Linus and bring up the next message, if that is
    what he wants.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.022 / U:0.672 seconds]