SubjectRE: Diamond Monster 3D PCI problems
Alright, I found that CONFIG_PCI_DIRECT option in 2.1.22.  Turns out it
was turned on but so was the option to use the PCI BIOS so it was probably
being used instead. I shut that off, recompiled, now when it boots it
gets to the part where it says Probing PCI hardware, and the computer
beeps 6 times and locks up with what looks like the top half of the
characters '16' at the top of the screen.

Now this leads me to suspect the PCI BIOS even more, because this also
happens if I mess with the CMOS settings enough, instead of rebooting that
exact same thing (the beeps and the half of a '16') happens. Something
similar happens if I reboot Linux after having run and shutdown XFree86
(the screen shuts off but it's the same beep pattern). What causes
that I don't know but it looks like CONFIG_PCI_DIRECT won't be an option
for me.

I'll keep playing around with the PCI settings on the 2.1.x series (and
snag the latest patches while I'm at it), but if anyone has any ideas,
they'd be much appreciated.

Thanks.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.075 / U:0.160 seconds]