SubjectSome Questions...
Q: is there any projected, approximate, estimated, guess, ballpark date
for when 2.2 will be available?

Q: does 2.2 improve the SCSI sub-systems in terms of raw performance?
I recall over the past few years that one of the disadvantages to
Linux is its poor SCSI subsystem (not that I've ever had a problem
with it.) There have been suggestions that the subsystem should be
rewritten. Has there been any work on this?

Q: If I have a DPT PM3334UW controller which device driver should I
be using, the CONFIG_SCSI_EATA_DMA or the CONFIG_SCSI_EATA? They
both indicate that they can operate PCI EATA DMA drivers. Which
one is better?

Thanks,

--
J E F F W I E G L E Y, Ph.D.
Systems Analyst

USWeb - A Strategic Partner for the Information Age

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:1.000 / U:0.072 seconds]