SubjectRe: ARCnet multicast support (for PROMISC-capable , i.e. COM20020 cards).
In article <E0xpG7f-0002Zl-00@imladris.demon.co.uk> you wrote:
: I was just looking through some networking documentation, and noticed that
: ARCnet was listed as not supporting multicast at all. Here's a completely
: untested fix, as I don't have access to such cards any more. It's so simple
: that if I've screwed it up I should probably go shoot myself anyway :)

Mmmm... Does arcnet really support link layer multicasts?
If it does not, it is just non-sense.

And if it does, why not to make it correctly???

Actually, using promiscuous mode to handle multicasts is absolutely
wrong idea, true emulation is to ignore them.
What's about those several ethernet devices, for which their authors
were lazy to write set_multicast_list() routine should not be considered
as good examples to imitate.

Alexey Kuznetsov

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.056 / U:0.020 seconds]