    SubjectRe: Packet Scheduling
    Kevin Lentin writes:
    > What I want is for interactive telnet sessions to be responsive while an
    > ftp or http request is being processed. Under term, packets were
    > prioritised based on client. I'm expecting you can't do that in tcp but
    > size should be a good approximation.

    I haven't tried linux packet scheduling yet, but my guess is that, since
    the scheduler can only control transmit queues, interactive sessions'
    performance while doing FTP transfers over serial links will not be much
    improved. Am I right?

    Unless, of course, the other side is Linux too, which happens more and
    more often to me. ;)

    | Josip Gracin, student at Faculty of EE and CS in Zagreb, Croatia

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.020 / U:7.532 seconds]