SubjectRe: OFFTOPIC: GGI and alternative GUIs and windowing systems in Linux -LONG
Date
Why spend time putting a bag on the side of X, even if it will never be entirely
what you want? Why not just work on developing a new system that will be all
the things you want, and more extensible and powerful too? I'd hack X if I
thought that it was a good platform...kinda along the lines of Linux, why
hack Minix into something that it'll never be really good at? You have to take
a running stab a completely new model, that's what Linux was.

--Perry

--
Perry Harrington Linux rules all OSes. APSoft ()
email: perry@apsoft.com Think Blue. /\

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.254 / U:0.252 seconds]