    SubjectRe: OFFTOPIC: GGI and alternative GUIs and windowing systems in Linux -LONG
    Date
    Why spend time putting a bag on the side of X, even if it will never be entirely
    what you want? Why not just work on developing a new system that will be all
    the things you want, and more extensible and powerful too? I'd hack X if I
    thought that it was a good platform...kinda along the lines of Linux, why
    hack Minix into something that it'll never be really good at? You have to take
    a running stab a completely new model, that's what Linux was.

    --Perry

    --
    Perry Harrington Linux rules all OSes. APSoft ()
    email: perry@apsoft.com Think Blue. /\

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.019 / U:29.900 seconds]