SubjectRe: netscape.

hmm imporved java performance would be nice... right now linux-netscape
java performance sucks.

--Jauder

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Syzygy wrote:

> > The way I see it, Netscape's trying to get internet community
> > to debug their source code for free.
>
> So?
>
> Well do you think the average windows users would really be interested in
> the source? :) Let alone thinking of using it for debugging.
>
> IMHO it's a nice opportunity for linuxxers to improve upon a fat, memory
> hogging, non-modular, feature rich browser.
>
> It would be interesting to note the effect of Netscape using gpl on other
> vendors. It's the first important commercial vendor using it for a product
> that really matters.
>
> Hell, we can even _integrate_ it with linux and attract DOJ's attention.
> :)

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO RECIPIENTS: The Entire Physical Universe, Including
This Message, May One Day Collapse Back Into an Infinitesimally Small
Space. Should Another Universe Subsequently and Spontaneously Re-Emerge,
the Existence of This Message in That Universe Cannot be Guaranteed.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:1.025 / U:0.276 seconds]