SubjectRe: ip masquerading in 2.1.x
On Fri, Jan 16, 1998 at 08:59:49PM -0500, Chris Atenasio wrote:
> Is ip masquerading supposed to be working right now in 2.1.x? Every time
> I switch to the dev kernels I find myself switching back because my
> computer serves as masquerader for half a dozen others. Do I need to
> apply some patch? I already tried upgrading all my apps as noted on
> www.linuxhq.com but still no go. Do I need some special utility? help!
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> - chris

Masquerading works for me with the 2.1.x kernels. Just add something
like the next line to your startup scripts.
`echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forwarding`
Is there an FAQ in this?

I'm just having problems with the 2.1.x crashing all the time. I
booted 2.1.79 a few times in one day. One time I rebooted to get a
bigger screen (no time to crash), another time I had my file systems
mounted readonly I don't know if that was what kept it from crashing
or not though. Once I got a Oops, I didn't get it written down
thought, it was complaining about killing interrupt handlers at the
time. The other times it either solid locked without any warning (I
was at the console), or processes would just turn into uninteruptible
sleeping and sync would do the same. I whish I would have written
down the Oops, I figured I would get more, but I haven't.

hardware,
Tyan Tomcatt III, S1653D, dual board one AMD k5 processor.
128mb ram, ncr53c810 scsi controller, two ide drives,

2.0.x works great for me.

--
| David Fries |

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.746 / U:0.424 seconds]