    SubjectRe: kernel debugger
    On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, C. Scott Ananian wrote:

    > On Thu, 15 Jan 1998 "Peter J. Braam" <> wrote:
    > > Can someone tell me how to fire up gdb (or kgdb -- where is a recent
    > > version of that animal?) and use it in deubgging a module.
    > I got xkdebug (which contains xkgdb, an improved kgdb) from
    > Get patch-ktrace-memleak-xkdebug-2.1.78 and use it instead of the patch
    > included in xkdebug-2.1.55.tgz.
    > I was very impressed with it.
    > --Scott

    Hi Scott and Peter,

    There is a problem with gdb which makes it dangerous to debug modules.
    Keith has disabled reading of symbols from modules because of it. The
    problem is that if you do info line func_in_module, you get wrong info

    Either of you know of a good source for gdb patches? Never know, may
    be a fix out there somewhere.

    In upgrading to 2.1.79, I had a problem with duplicated labels in the
    inline functions in pgtable.h which I converted to macros for memleak
    detection. I sent a patchlet to Keith to correct this booboo. Looks
    like 80 will be out before it gets in tho :) so watch out if enabling
    memleak in 79.

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.019 / U:11.436 seconds]