SubjectRe: [Feature Wish] GGI in Linux 2.3
On Tue, 13 Jan 1998 mharris@ican.net wrote:
> I think that GGI should be incorporated in 2.1.x myself, as it is
> more stable than some of the code that is in 2.1.x right now, and
> being added daily. As someone else allready stated, the feature
> freeze, isn't really being held very tightly. 6 months ago, I
> heard 2.2 would be out for christmas maybe. I put my bets on
> Apr/Jun 98, and I think that it will eventually come out around
> then or later. GGI works fine on my system right now. I haven't
^^^^^^^^^
> mucked with it too much, but is a nice step in the right
> direction I believe. "The Right Thing to Do" (TM)

What kind of system do you have? m68k? PPC? Alpha? SPARC? MIPS?

I don't want to offense anyone, but I hope you will get my point now.

> If incorporated into ANY official kernel EVER, it should, and
> probably would be an option in "make menuconfig". Turning on GGI
> support would switch all console code to the GGI stuff, etc...

That's a sensible idea...

Greetings,

Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be
Wavelets, Linux/{m68k~Amiga,PPC~CHRP} http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~geert/

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.111 / U:1.136 seconds]