Subject2.1.79 success
I have just compiled 2.1.79, on my P133 with 16mb RAM running RedHat 5.  I
initially had some problems with fat, which several kind people have
posted patches for which worked successfully.

Swap performance seems to have increased drastically, or I might be just
imagining things. But I have X, Netscape, BitchX loaded as well as nfsd,
smbd nmbd, rc5 cracking client, crond and numerous other daemons. And the
system is still running quite speedily. The mouse moves smoothly while
netscape is loading, whereas before it certainly did not. I'm impressed
anyway. :)

I was a bit concerned with the warnings that flashed by the screen while I
was compiling, and I managed to catch most of them. I'll attach them to
this message.

Dave.
sched.c:318: warning: `timerlist_lock' defined but not used

fork.c: In function `do_fork':
fork.c:438: warning: unused variable `i'

binfmt_elf.c: In function `create_elf_tables':
binfmt_elf.c:195: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
binfmt_elf.c:195: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
binfmt_elf.c:201: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
binfmt_elf.c:201: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size

binfmt_aout.c
binfmt_aout.c: In function `create_aout_tables':
binfmt_aout.c:276: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
binfmt_aout.c:276: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
binfmt_aout.c:285: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
binfmt_aout.c:285: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size

signal.c:110: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
signal.c:110: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
signal.c: In function `setup_sigcontext':
signal.c:363: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
signal.c:363: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
signal.c: In function `setup_frame':
signal.c:404: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
signal.c:404: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
signal.c:406: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
signal.c:406: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
signal.c: In function `setup_rt_frame':
signal.c:462: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
signal.c:462: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
signal.c:463: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
signal.c:463: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
signal.c:476: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
signal.c:476: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
signal.c:478: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
signal.c:478: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.042 / U:0.336 seconds]