SubjectRe: devfs
Date
jalvo@cloud9.net (John G. Alvord) writes:

> The use of letters like h and d is rather English-centric for the exact
> physical name. A pure dot/dash/underline separated physical name
> would require less to explain for non-Englishspeakers.

Right. But then again, for that vast majority of linux-users worldwide
that actually are able to understand a word like "target", it is rather
nice to have that shorthand little "t" in there to point out exactly
which of the digits refer to the SCSI-id.

As for English vs. not, what the hell is a "LUN" anyway? Let's keep the
letters, it's a lot simpler than counting digits. Or find a
non-English-speaking person who really insists it would be easier for
*him* not to have the letters present.

HIBT?

~kzm

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.022 / U:2.848 seconds]