SubjectRe: 2.1.78 sbpcd is broken
Date
> part of my major CDROM update that went into 2.1.70, amoung other
> things sbpcd was ported to the uniform CDROM driver (with most of
> the port being done by Heiko Eissfeldt <heiko@colossus.escape.de>
> and the rest of the changes being done by myself. For a detailed

Thats what I meant.

> linux/Documentation/cdrom/cdrom-standard.tex. If we can get the
> bugs ironed out of sbpcd, the improvement will be worth it. Getting
> consistent behavior across all the low-level cdrom drivers is a Good
> Thing(tm).

I agree.

> Anyway, if playing a music CD leaves sbpcd in such a state, I invite you
> to look into fixing it, since you seem to have the hardware. I truly
> _hate_ tracking bugs when I have no hardware to cause them, and in this
> case absolutly no docs on what the hardware does.

If you'd care to finish fixing the networking stack for me then I'll have
time 8). I've gone back to the old sbpcd for now, the old one is merely buggy
as hell rather than dysfunctional. Maybe march/april I'll have time to
investigate.

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.061 / U:0.032 seconds]