Subject2.0.33, autofs-0.3.14, and mount-2.7g problems

I think I have heard this problem mentioned before on this list, but I
don't remember there being a resolution. The problem is that I have more
entries in /proc/mounts than what "mount" claims. At this point I have
one mount mentioned 4 times in a row in /proc/mounts. I know there was
a power outage and the solaris machine that serves that mount point is not
on a UPS and went down while the linux box stayed up (since it is on a
UPS). I think that this is what starts the problem (either having the
solaris machine go down while it is mounted or timing out while trying to
mount from it when it isn't up). Then the problem just seems to continue
to grow slowly until I reboot the machine to clean out /proc/mounts.
Since I started using autofs instead of amd, I have needed to reboot this
machine at least once a month.

This machine is a pop server and it keeps mounting people's home
directories when they connect to check their mail.

Thanks,
-Randy

------
Randy McCaskill
rmccask@comm-data.com ! Poodle... The other white meat.
http://www.comm-data.com/~rmccask/ ! -- Sherman's Lagoon

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.928 / U:0.228 seconds]