SubjectRe: Linux (free s/w) support

> From: Darren Reed <darrenr@cyber.com.au>
>
> Now now, no need to get so testy. But it is nice to see someone provide me
> with a good reason about why email support from random and unknown people
> isn't so tasty all the time :-) I'll have to remember that though: be
> careful when sending email to linux-kernel as some people may just tell
> you to "fuck off".

If you look at the volume of correspondence on the subject over the
past few days I think one reponse hardly constitutes a "good reason".
No points to either side, cheap or otherwise.

I don't think the message to F.O. was appropriate: How do we seduce
the enemy if we don't engage them after all ;-) Nor was its sentiment
broadly representative.

I have had experience with paid for support too -- again, not too
helpful: "Oh, that's not a standard, supported configuration".
Personally, I find very little difference between that and being told
to get lost. Of course your milage may vary, and the depth of your
pockets might too.

-- Randall

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans