    SubjectRe: Linux (free s/w) support

    > From: Darren Reed <>
    > Now now, no need to get so testy. But it is nice to see someone provide me
    > with a good reason about why email support from random and unknown people
    > isn't so tasty all the time :-) I'll have to remember that though: be
    > careful when sending email to linux-kernel as some people may just tell
    > you to "fuck off".

    If you look at the volume of correspondence on the subject over the
    past few days I think one reponse hardly constitutes a "good reason".
    No points to either side, cheap or otherwise.

    I don't think the message to F.O. was appropriate: How do we seduce
    the enemy if we don't engage them after all ;-) Nor was its sentiment
    broadly representative.

    I have had experience with paid for support too -- again, not too
    helpful: "Oh, that's not a standard, supported configuration".
    Personally, I find very little difference between that and being told
    to get lost. Of course your milage may vary, and the depth of your
    pockets might too.

    -- Randall

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.032 / U:2.552 seconds]