SubjectRe: Process Migration on Linux - Impossible?
And lo, Fabio Olive Leite saith unto me:
> > The Condor package - http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/ - supports
> > process migration; I think you need to relink binaries to get
> > full support for some features. Info on the Linux port is
> > at http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/linux/linux.html.
>
> Thanks, I'll take a look. Anyway, I'd like to reinforce that I intend to
> do migration on any process a user might be running, without the need to
> relink with special libraries. That's why I'm doing it on the kernel.
I would strongly suggest keeping as much code user-level as possible.
Do use a special library until you have things working; once your code
works, fold your special library into libc. Transparency takes time,
and I was under the impression you wanted to get something working this
decade...

Keith

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans