    SubjectRe: Process Migration on Linux - Impossible?
    And lo, Fabio Olive Leite saith unto me:
    > > The Condor package - http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/ - supports
    > > process migration; I think you need to relink binaries to get
    > > full support for some features. Info on the Linux port is
    > > at http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/linux/linux.html.
    >
    > Thanks, I'll take a look. Anyway, I'd like to reinforce that I intend to
    > do migration on any process a user might be running, without the need to
    > relink with special libraries. That's why I'm doing it on the kernel.
    I would strongly suggest keeping as much code user-level as possible.
    Do use a special library until you have things working; once your code
    works, fold your special library into libc. Transparency takes time,
    and I was under the impression you wanted to get something working this
    decade...

    Keith

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.023 / U:28.644 seconds]