SubjectRe: Solaris 2.6 and Linux
david parsons <o.r.c@p.e.l.l.p.o.r.t.l.a.n.d.o.r.u.s> wrote:
> The last product I used Linux for comes with all the BSD and GPLed
> sources on the CD-ROM. One of the options I was suggesting, which
> was turned down for staffing reasons, was to charge $1000 for
> sources, because that would cover (a) labor, (b) a CD-ROM burner, (c)
> a CD blank, (d) office charges, and (e) source escrow. And that
> probably wouldn't be high enough if a lot of people called in asking
> for copies of the source.

Huh. How many cdroms would you be sending with each copy of the source?

I really don't understand your failure mode. Say it takes you a couple
hours for each CD-ROM you send out. So, you get a thousand orders in
and you don't have 2000 hours to throw at the project. You're saying
the million dollars associated with those orders would be insufficient
to solve the problem?

Alternatively, say you only get 1 order in. You're saying you have a
staffing problem? [Why not just tack it onto someone else's duties?]

--
Raul

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.080 / U:0.088 seconds]