    SubjectRe: Solaris 2.6 and Linux
    linux kernel account wrote:

    > I'm am SOOOOO sick of people making inapproiate assumptions about the
    > meaning of the GPL when it is CLEARLY SPELT OUT in the GPL..

    > I SHOCKED to see this kind of ignorance on THIS list.

    I assure you that I am quite familiar with the contents of the GPL, having
    carefully read and (I believe) understood every word. I have also discussed
    the GPL with RMS (its originator and conceptual author) personally several
    times, including, I'm quite confident, several times before you had any idea
    that the GPL existed. Given that your response clearly did not address the
    specific issues raised in my message, and illustrates a real lack of
    understanding of what is involved with the manufacture and distribution of
    embedded systems ("stick up a damn directory on your FTP site"), I (not so
    respectfully) decline to respond further.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.467 / U:0.060 seconds]