    SubjectRe: Solaris 2.6 and Linux
    Date
    Hi,

    > In some mail I received from Mike Kilburn, sie wrote
    > >
    > > > you folks but "Linux ain't Unix" (hmm, that will really stir up some flames).
    > >
    > > Its going to be quite interesting to see where Linux vs Unix vs NT are 5 years
    > > from now. It seems due to the populace nature of Linux it might survive the
    > > UNIX/NT showdown due soon.
    >
    > I think all the free Unixes will survive, but what will their role be ?

    At least for Linux/MIPS a significant fraction of the people interested
    in using it for new hardware want Linux for their embedded systems of
    various types. For the embedded market the price/performance ratio is
    very important and that's exactly the point where nothing can outperform
    Free Software.

    Ralf

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.021 / U:58.856 seconds]