SubjectRe: Two bugs in kernel time code
Philip Gladstone wrote:
> My revolting approach to this is to have a sysconfig variable that gives
> the offset of the CMOS clock from UTC. This defaults to 'unknown'. If it
> is known, then the CMOS clock is updated with the correct hour (etc)
> values.

How about just calculating the difference between the unix clock and
the CMOS clock. If that's within 10 minutes of a whole number of hours,
then you can safely round it to "a whole number of hours".

** ** +31-15-2137555 ** **
Florida -- A 39 year old construction worker woke up this morning when a
109-car freigt train drove over him. According to the police the man was
drunk. The man himself claims he slipped while walking the dog. 080897