SubjectRE: Want a new LinuxHQ?
Date

----------
From: Andrew B. Cramer
Sent: Friday, September 12, 1997 8:02 AM
To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
Cc: linux-admin@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject: Want a new LinuxHQ?

Greetings List(s),
I would be willing to host a 'linuxhq' type of site. As I am not an expert on
the Linux system I would like some help with this. I think 4 to 5 people could
manage this. I'm posting this to both 'admin' and 'kernel' since these are the
most active lists.

We need to have at least the following:

1> Current status of the 'stable' and 'development' kernels.
2> Official and Unofficial patch sections for each.
3> The regular list of how-to's, documentation, and mirror sites.

Do to space considerations, only the most current kernels will be available
from this site.

From what we have seen, this task is too big for one person to keep
current.

There has been an on going discussion about resurrecting the LinuxHQ site. I have contacted the owner of the domain (waiting on a call back) about snagging the original content. Alvin Oga has volunteered hosting space and I have volunteered to ramrod the project if there is interest.

If anyone can get into direct contact to the original owner of LinuxHQ, I believe we can have a site operational by 22nd.

Feel free to contact me at g.cook.tsi@telesales.net with input/volunteering/etc.

Greg Cook
:Opinions expressed are my own. I am to greedy to share.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.670 / U:0.080 seconds]