    SubjectRe: /proc/sys/net/* proliferation
    On 14 Sep 1997 19:13:18 +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:

    >Note that RedHat conflicts with RFC1122 (host requirements) then:
    >3.1 ....
    > The host software MUST NOT automatically
    > move into gateway mode if the host has more than one interface, as
    > the operator of the machine may neither want to provide that
    > service nor be competent to do so.
    >Your default kernel does this. I wonder how many redhat based firewalls
    >are insecure because of this ... . Please change it! I consider this
    >as a major bug.
    >Note that since 2.0.30 Linux has a ip_forward sysctl. The CONFIG_FORWARD
    >option only sets the default.
    >How about a /etc/sysconfig/ip-forwarding file in Thunderbird, that defaults
    >to off? It should be easy to add an checkbox for this into netcfg and the
    >install program.

    I will mention this to Erik. I had seen the sysctl but had not researched this.
    It is definitely worth making some kind of change for Thunderbird.

    Although, I would prefer to see this added to /etc/sysconfig/network as
    Bryan C. Andregg * <> * Red Hat Software

    "Donnie were much more 'user-friendly'. May be you selective
    about friends:-)" -- Levente Farkas

    "Hey, wait a minute, you clowns are on dope!"
    -- Owen Cheese in 'Shakes the Clown'

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.019 / U:2.576 seconds]