    SubjectRe: 30pre3: aha7xxx options are uncommented

    On Tue, 5 Aug 1997, Larry M. Augustin wrote:

    My experience with this patch (the one from varesearch, not the
    pre-2.0.31-torvalds-edition) was that is could still use a little testing
    still. I tried it on our news server, and it worked fine for about 5
    hours, then crashed hard, spitting out a message about a detected
    re-entrancy for a non-re-entrant call in some part of the scsi code. So I
    backed it out. (I wish I could tell you the exact message, but I did this
    over a month ago.)

    However, the problem may have manifested itself because we are also using
    the updated MD (with raid 4/5 suport) to do a level 0 striping of 2 4GB
    drives into a single 8GB volume for our news spool.

    Backed the patch out, and not had a problem since. (Darn shame too, that
    driver seemed much more sophisticated than the one in stock 2.0.30.)

    Just my 1/50th of a dollar.

    > The aic7xxx patch at
    > contains patches to make a number of #defines in the aic driver.
    > Configure options. It includes the help text for

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.019 / U:73.412 seconds]