    SubjectRe: Networking shafted [was Re: buffer patch blah blah]
    Date
    > Hmm. totally shafted? just that?

    o TCP randomly leaks memory in 2.0.30 for no known reason - not
    occuring in 2.0.29
    o /proc/net/* Oops erratically. Trying to pin this down seems
    bh_atomic isnt. Not occuring in 2.0.29
    o TCP can get trapped spamming the network with packets. Not occuring
    in 2.0.29
    * tcpdumping a transparent proxy floods the network with wrong packets
    also in 2.0.2x
    o Appletalk panics with a localtalk device loaded. Also in 2.0.2x
    * Dumping a masquerading ipip tunnel crashes the machine. Also in 2.0.2x
    o Bridging leaks memory in 2.0.30 even tho the same code does not in
    2.0.29
    o Random tcp crashes under high connection load irrespective of
    syn-cookies/rst-cookies - looks like the hash is a problem. Not in
    2.0.29
    o Occasional oopses caused by timer list corruption when handling
    fragmentation bombs. No apparent cause. Doesn't occur in 2.0.29
    o Transparent proxy redirections are broken. Working in 2.0.29
    * PPP memory scribble - Eric has found this one
    o Memory leak with multicasting enabled in 2.0.30 - not in 2.0.29
    but I can't duplicate this one yet.

    And a few others. The ones marked "*" are fixed

    > What about the huge usage of kernel stack of the AHA29xx driver?
    > Fixed in new release of the driver, or still the same ?

    Its supposed to be fixed, I don't run AHA29xx cards

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:4.471 / U:0.976 seconds]