SubjectRe: Promiscous Mode
Date
> I am looking through the various net card configs in the kernel
> source for the place which I can make it so the net card can not drop
> into promiscious mode. Can someone please point me to the right
> direction here.

If this is for security reasons then Im afraid you are mislead. You don't
need promiscuous mode to sniff a network in general, in exactly the same
way as you can sniff a network through a mac level filtering hub. Also there
are breakin tools for SunOS at least which hit the firmware directly going
around the OS, Im sure the same tools exist for PC network cards too

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans