    SubjectRe: UDP network problem
    There can't be any collisions on an arcnet network. As long as your
    machine has got the token it's the only one sending packets.

    On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, Eric Hoeltzel wrote:

    > Someone told me recently that UDP is a guaranteed protocol over
    > arcnet. While this rang true to me, I am am unable to explain
    > to myself precisely why this is so. It's been years since I've
    > had an arcnet network with which to play, and it was ipx anyway...
    > Regards,
    > Eric Hoeltzel

    Joel Jaeggli
    Academic User Services
    "On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!], `Pray,
    Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right
    answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of
    confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
    -- Charles Babbage

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.018 / U:184.772 seconds]