SubjectRe: pre-5 Aiih!
On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Doug Ledford wrote:
[...]
> As for the abort/reset fixes, I hadn't realized when I emailed you that it
> was being caused by the QUEUE_FULL handling (and really it shouldn't but
> that's another issue). In any case, I used to have a patch that implemented
> a different QUEUE_FULL handling mechanism that avoided this problem, but
> I've lost it so I'm going to have to re-write that patch. The abort/reset
> fixes I'm doing right now probably won't help you much. However, I will be
> mailing my first version for testing to the aic7xx mailing list sometime
> today (I'm getting ready to reboot and start testing right now).

You got me wrong! It did _not_ happed due to queue full - I reduced the
queue size. It happened with queue size of 31 while e2fsck'ing the
Micropolis and it was caused by timeouts.

Kurt

Impossible doesn't exist! Unmöglich gibt's nicht!
Difficult exists. Schwierig gibt's.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans