    SubjectRe: pre-5 Aiih!
    --------
    > Hello!
    >
    > When using the aic7xxx with 31 tagged commands, I sometimes get timeouts
    > resulting in 'Aiih's. This is very annoying if I had a crash and 'e2fsck'
    > craches over and over again...
    >
    > Using just 8 tagged commands seems to work fine. Where can I adjust these
    > timeouts?

    You may want to listen in to the mailings on aic7xxx@freebsd.org. As it
    stands I'm in the middle of writing a patch to fix the abort/reset
    processing as well as it adds a bottom half handler to the interrupt service
    routine to avoid high latencies in the interrupt processing that can result
    in the QOUTFIFO over flowing. Dan Eischen has already released one fix for
    the QOUTFIFO overflow problem (sent to Linus just a few days ago), but it is
    a spin lock and somewhat less elegant from the standpoint that it doesn't
    actually solve the latency problem. The final code will probably have my
    bottom half handler as well as the safety of a spin lock backup both in
    there. I'm also doing what I can to make sure we aren't getting bogus
    information from anyplace, which would result in the Aiee: type messages you
    mention. I expect to have the first publically available abort/reset fixes
    available for testing by either late tonight or sometime tomorrow.

    * Doug Ledford * Unix, Novell, Dos, Windows 3.x, *
    * dledford@dialnet.net 873-DIAL * WfW, Windows 95 & NT Technician *
    * Springfield, MO and surrounding * Usenet news, e-mail and shell account.*
    * communities. Sign-up online at * Web page creation and hosting, other *
    * 873-9000 V.34 * services available, call for info. *

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.019 / U:88.164 seconds]