SubjectRe: Usenet gateway?
Date
In <199708070303.NAA00326@vindaloo.atnf.CSIRO.AU> rgooch@atnf.CSIRO.AU (Richard Gooch) writes:

>Olaf Titz writes:
>> > Is it possible to filter out all messages which have "Newsgroups: " or

>No, they would only be blacklisted if they fed from news back into the
>mailing list. A feed from mail to news (if configured properly) would
>be unknown to the mailing list.

I don't think so. My gateway, which is only for my local machine, uses
the moderators file so that if I want to reply to the list I use
followup in my newsreader, whereas reply sends mail to the poster.
However, this means my submissions to the list will have a Newsgroups
line. As well, to assure I don't leak articles from the mailing list to
the rest of the world, my posting script automagically puts a local
distribution on the messages. Both these, which, IMO, constitute a
properly set up gateway, would be filtered in this proposal. I'd have to
hack on INN's mail to moderator routines to fix this.

--
Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.053 / U:1.500 seconds]