    SubjectRe: Memory Management - BSD vs Linux
    > Hi,

    > I am looking to compare the Memory management in BSD systems against
    > linux. I have been muddling thru the linux and freebsd/netbsd code
    > and have some notes and questions. I was wondering if some of you,
    > who have been staring at the code longer than I have would share your
    > knowledge with me.

    > I'll jot down some of notes below. Please feel free to comment on
    > them (please CC me on your replies but keep the discussion on the
    > mailing list so that everybody can see the replies). Some of my
    > notes may indeed be wrong or outdated. Please don't flame me on
    > these. Just correct me instead!

    :- First few items deleted - not commented on...

    > [3] Can any of these systems have
    > a) swap files rather than partitions
    Linux absolutely can.
    > b) dynamically growing swap space?
    If you mean to dynamically grow the partition/file then no. If you
    mean to dynamically add additional files/partitions then yes.

    > As far as I can make out, the answeris no!

    The answers are definitely yes and it-depends.

    : - Remainder deleted, not commented on...