SubjectRe: HPFS filesystem problems
Rogier Wolff wrote:

> Bill Hawes wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for the patch, but it didn't patch correctly. I got the message
> > > "4 out of 4 hunks failed" when I tried. Did I do something
> > > incorrectly? From the /usr/src/linux directory I just typed "patch -p0
> > > <hpfsptch.c" Let me know what you think. Again, thanks for your help.
>
> Not sure what Bill sent as a patch, but just as Linus does, I would
> suggest to make patches that include the linux/ part. This would
> require you to either move a directory up (cd /usr/src) or use
> "patch -p1".
>
> But Bill probably made a patch that started a directory down.....
> (otherwise you'd have gotten questions about what file to patch...)
>
> Roger.

I have been conversing with Chris Smith on this via e-mail and he should
be sending the patched file to Linus and the list serve shortly for
inclusion in 2.1.48. We just got it working today (with your patch,
Bill) and I e-mailed him today telling him so. Thanks again for all of
your help, I really appreciate it.

Chris Hofmann

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.412 / U:0.132 seconds]