SubjectRe: glibc 2, Linux 2.x and the world of many patches!

Tuenis> Though adoption will have to be MUCH higher before any of
Tuenis> the linux-distribs actively go with glibc... and this will
Tuenis> hurt glibc in the short run.

mdh> Uh ... er ... I don't know how to break this to you ... but
mdh> the Debian development tree is based on glibc. Applications
mdh> are being ported faster than you can shake a stick. It's not
mdh> very hard ... even I've ported a few, and believe me, if I
mdh> can do it, anyone can do it.

Yep, Michael is exactly right. Debian 2.0 will be fully glibc. I'm the
maintainer of nethack, The GIMP, and sirc, and they've all been
compiled just fine under glibc. The only bugs I've run into are people
not doing a #include <errno.h> when they really should :)

About half of all of the Debian packages, I believe, have been
converted to glibc.

--
Brought to you by the letters U and B and the number 3.
"I'm calling from the plane. I'll call you when I get there." -- TMBG

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.266 / U:0.148 seconds]