SubjectRe: Developing under NDA
In article <199707300440.GAA25297@informatik.uni-koblenz.de> you write:
>> Just curious...I'd like to develop a driver for the Ricoh MP6200S CD-RW
>> drive, which does packet writing. The programming info requires an NDA,
>> so it cannot be distributed in source form.
>>
>> What do I have to worry about from the kernel and GNU camps?
>
>Remind me not to buy a Ricoh MP6200S CD-RW drive :-)

Remind me not to by *any* Ricoh products at all, until the NDA is
removed.

Of course, nobody wants to stop Andrew from writing this driver -
perhaps he wants to make a living from it - but I predict it won't
get many customers as long as the NDA persists.

hjb
--
Uncle Ed's Rule of Thumb: Never use your thumb for a rule.
You'll either hit it with a hammer or get a splinter in it.