SubjectRe: FAT/VFAT/FAT32 reimplimintation...
On Mon, 21 Jul 1997, James Mastros wrote:

> That should work, since fatish will never support hard-links (it is obvious
> how it should be implemented, but every fsck for DOS (chkdisk, norton disk
> doctor, scandisk) I have seen reports mutiple files with the same starting
> cluster as errors.

And for good reason. As long as you don't have something independent from
the directory entry to keep your link count, don't even think about
hard links. If you delete the file, all your "hard links" will point to
void, and there will be no way to avoid this, short of modifying the
filesystem code to the point where DOS wouldn't be able to keep it
coherent.

Ionut

--
It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool,
than to open it and remove all doubt.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.054 / U:0.252 seconds]