    SubjectRE: [patch] QNX-style scheduling for Linux 2.0

    On Sun, 27 Jul 1997, Adam McKee wrote:

    > Hi there.
    >
    > It does not do real-time in any way. It only implements the QNX scheduler
    > as described by a couple of different sources. I should probably make it
    > clear in the README that the patch does *not* do real-time, since the
    > "QNX" name might imply that it does real-time.
    >
    > This is where I initially got my information about the QNX scheduler:
    >
    > http://osiris.cpc.wmin.ac.uk/~drotos/qnx/microkernel/schedul.html

    Adam,

    Just a suggestion, but the name "QNX" is almost certainly a registered
    trademark, and I suspect that the scheduling algorithm may be protected by
    patent. You might be wise to tread carefully when claiming that your
    kernel patches implement QNX-anything.

    Steve

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.019 / U:2.772 seconds]