SubjectRE: [patch] QNX-style scheduling for Linux 2.0

On Sun, 27 Jul 1997, Adam McKee wrote:

> Hi there.
> It does not do real-time in any way. It only implements the QNX scheduler
> as described by a couple of different sources. I should probably make it
> clear in the README that the patch does *not* do real-time, since the
> "QNX" name might imply that it does real-time.
> This is where I initially got my information about the QNX scheduler:

Just a suggestion, but the name "QNX" is almost certainly a registered
trademark, and I suspect that the scheduling algorithm may be protected by
patent. You might be wise to tread carefully when claiming that your
kernel patches implement QNX-anything.