    SubjectRe: Reserved PID's
    On 25 Jul 1997, Matthias Urlichs wrote:

    > If you have problems with inetd spawning too many processes, either patch
    > inetd do support counting and limiting the number of active processes per
    > socket, or use something like tcpserver which already has this code
    > built-in, or change the process in question to be its own daemon and
    > implement counting and limiting yourself. The first option actually is the
    > most difficult, assuming nobody has done this yet.

    The first option might be the easiest, it's already implemented. :) man
    inetd for details, the idea is to add a .max parameter to wait/nowait in
    the inetd.conf line which will tell inetd how many such processes it is
    allowed to spawn within onne minute. The default is 40 I think..

    Ionut

    --
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool,
    than to open it and remove all doubt.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.043 / U:60.280 seconds]