    SubjectRe: Strange netmasks.
    Date
    Hello!

    > If these packets go into my PPP Link, they use 100% of the bandwidth
    > continuously so I can't use my PPP Link to route a subnet.

    Well, arps are never forwarded, so that it is something different.

    > If I use
    > only the first few addresses of the subnet, I should be able to mask
    > out the rest and therefore only get ARP packets sent to 7, rather than
    > 254 possible nodes. This should make my link usable again.

    Just look by tcpdump, what is it really and configure firewall
    rules to drop them. Combinating accept and deny rules you
    could get almost any policy.

    > This MiCrO$oFt garbage is being executed by powerful "managers" who have
    > taken over the Network, so I can't control them. As a matter of fact, once
    > they find out that I have direct access to the Internet, I'm done (gone).

    :-( :-( Pretty common story. Microsoft's children are in teen age
    and started to terrify peaceful citizens in neighbourhood.
    Well, hope that they will not kill someone :-)

    Alexey Kuznetsov.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.017 / U:2.176 seconds]