SubjectRe: File locking anomaly under 2.0.30
Date
I wrote:
> I'm trying to install mysql, an SQL database which uses threading and
> fcntl-style file locks.
>
> Apparently, POSIX locks are not released when a thread dies because all the
> files are still open from other threads -- but that doesn't help. :-/

Note: the dead thread which held that lock should of course have released
its locks before dying. Apparently, it didn't. Why it didn't is a very good
question, but since threads seem to be untraceable under 2.0.30 I don't
even know how to start figuring this out.

mysql does include a threaded version of Fred Fish's dbug package and makes
heavy use of it, but wading through a few tons of debugging messages is not
my kind of preferred evening entertainment at the moment. :-(

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.062 / U:0.580 seconds]